I posted this how-to on my Tumblr back in 2011, but I’m posting it again because it has changed my life.
Ladies (Gents too, if you’re into this kind of thing) —
I’ve come to you with a magical how-to, that will enable you to be heat-free for the rest of your life. That means no more frying your hair, leaving it to finally reach it’s fullest, most healthy condition.
Taken from somewhere in cyberspace a while back, this trick is easy and doesn’t require any products or curling irons.
- Dampen hair (I usually do this after letting my hair air-dry a little after a shower). Part down the center and separate hair into two sections.
- Separate those two into two. At this point, you should have 4 separate sections.
- Start with two sections and twist the hair away from the face. (Top left photo)
- Then, with the two twisted strands: Take the back one and twist it over the front section. Twist, twist, twist!
- Secure with hair-tie and wait until hair fully dries.
- Take it all out and play around with it until you get it to look how you want.
I usually do this at night and sleep on it, then unravel it in the morning. After you untwist every piece, you should be left with beautiful waves and lots of body!
If you want looser waves/curls, use this method when your hair is almost fully dry. Leave your hair in twists for about 20 minutes and then un-twist.